At Plum, we're on a mission to help people lead a healthier financial life. We're building a quirky intelligent system that links to your bank, understands your spending habits and helps you save more, invest in things that matter and avoid overspending on your bills. We like to think of Plum as your money's best friend 👫
Plum on Android!
We’re looking for a customer-focussed Android engineer to join our engineering team in Athens. Plum is already used by 500.000+ people in the UK, but it’s currently only available on Facebook Messenger and iOS App store. You'll be building Plum on Android from its early days, giving our current and prospective customers a more intimate way to interact with their money.
Our engineering approach
We value good engineering principles, imagination, quirkiness and healthy curiosity. We take a conservative approach to using external frameworks and we aspire to write simple, well-tested code, delivered in rapid iterations.
How we work
We work in "squads" – a more startup-appropriate name for saying small, cross-functional teams. Each squad has a mission and a set of KPIs to monitor and improve. We have 3 of these squads right now – Savings, Investments and Black Ops. As an engineer you'll work in a squad but you can also reach out to and work with anyone in the company.
Our culture: openness and accountability
Even though you'll have a primary role, you can get involved in any aspect of the business you're interested in and contribute feedback and product ideas freely. In return, we'll expect you to back your decisions with data and logic. Features are considered finished when the data tells us that they've moved the needle.
What we look for
Technical knowledge is critical but we are a startup treading in uncharted territory so attitude is even more important. We're looking for people that like uncertainty and want to figure out how to do things that haven’t been done before. You're a true team player and inherently positive. Where others see problems, you see solutions.
- You want to build a product that makes people better off
- You’re excited about programming in Kotlin
- Yet, you still have intimate knowledge of the full Android stack
- You want to collaborate in a cutting-edge Android project
- You’re a designer's best friend. You love being part of the design process and enjoy turning the design into a well crafted and delightful experience
- You’re a product person too — you understand the value and impact of your work
Bonus fist-bumps 👊 if you have
- Hands-on experience with DI and Android architecture components
- Sound understanding of Git strategies, continuous integration setup and automation
- Have an eye for design that you can transform to Material Design!
- A genuine interest in agile development processes
What we offer
- Bucketfuls of challenging problems to solve, so hopefully that's your thing! Our job is to take a complicated, archaic domain and make it simple and accessible to everyone.
- One of the best learning experiences of your life. You'll get to work with extremely smart and capable people, with backgrounds in finance, physics, history, computing, languages and more.
- Company stock options – we're all in this together.
- Team trip to secret destinations once a year ✈️
- Plants, lots of plants 🌱
- Fresh fruit (plums obviously), snacks with varying health benefits and great coffee. Because you can't be a startup without great coffee..