At Plum, we're on a mission to help people lead a healthier financial life. We're building a quirky intelligent system that links to your bank, understands your spending habits and helps you save more, invest in things that matter and stop overpaying on life's essentials. We like to think of Plum as your money's best friend 👫
Designers at Plum are embedded in our product squads. These full-stack teams are formed around a specific set of customer problems, and have everything and everyone they need to solve them.
As the second product designer at Plum, you’ll be completely empowered to do the right thing. You get to understand such customer problems deeply — and work with product managers, engineers, data scientists and anyone else to design the right thing for Plum’s existing and future customers.
- Solve customer problems from beginning to end. From carrying out research to implementing your polished flows and interactions with engineers.
- Collaborate with other designers to establish Plum’s design processes, tooling setup and core principles.
- Sketch and prototype ideas with your team, to assess their viability before fleshing out the finer details and interactions.
- Use research and testing to validate your work and build empathy and further understanding of Plum’s customers.
- Buddy-up with Product Managers, to define how the product works and what it looks like in future iterations.
- Work closely with Engineers to build, iterate and ship your ideas.
You should apply if you:
- Are a product thinker. You care about why you’re designing something and what impact it will have for the customer.
- Have a design process that puts the human first. You use data and research where necessary, and validate design through testing.
- Are a brilliant communicator. You can explain and rationalise the reasons for your design decisions, and can receive and give constructive feedback.
- Are able to work independently, but also know when to work with other designers and when to ask for help.
- Are fluent in designing for mobile devices and have a strong portfolio of projects showing your interaction and visual design skills.
- Understand how digital products get built, and you have 2+ years experience shipping them.
Bonus fist-bumps 👊 if:
- You can code. Even if it’s a little bit of HTML and CSS.
- You’re good at motion design with After Effects or any other tool.
- Have experience working in an early stage startup or financial technology company.
What we offer:
- Bucketfuls of challenging problems to solve, so hopefully that's your thing! Our job is to take a complicated, archaic domain and make it simple and accessible to everyone.
- One of the best learning experiences of your life. You'll get to work with extremely smart and capable people, with backgrounds in finance, physics, history, computing, languages and more.
- Company stock options – we're all in this together.
- 25 days holiday a year, excluding bank holidays (33 in total).
- Work from our Greek office whenever you want.
- Team trip to secret destinations once a year ✈️
- Plants, lots of plants 🌱
- Fresh fruit (plums obviously), snacks with varying health benefits and great coffee. Because you can't be a startup without great coffee.