At Plum, we're on a mission to help people lead a healthier financial life. People all over the world are making bad financial decisions every day, due to lack of financial education, antiquated financial systems and temptation. In the UK alone, 50% of people have less than £100 in savings. We believe we can change that with great technology, data science and behavioural theory.
Plum is a quirky Messenger chatbot that links to your bank, understands your spending habits and helps you save more, invest in things that matter and avoid overspending on your bills. We like to think of Plum as your money's best friend 👫 We have 150.000 users signed up, and are growing quickly; we've just raised our latest round of funding and are looking to grow the team for the next steps of growth.
-------- What does the Compliance Lead do? -------
Support building great user experiences
As our compliance lead you will build the compliance teams at Plum, help other teams deliver great, and compliant user experiences, and support the leadership in running a financial company. You ensure that as Plum scales the compliance teams scale up. You'll write our internal policies, and together with our head of operations, make sure the things we do for KYC, financial promotions, and complaints are good for the user, and comply with regulations. By making sure Plum has robustly compliant processes, you help the rest of the team focus on delivering financial well-being to users.
Managing our regulatory relationships
In order to further help users with insights, understanding of their expenses, and growing their money Plum has applied for Account Information Service Provider, and Financial Market Act permissions. You'll take the lead in these applications in the UK, and will build a team to get regulated in other markets.
Supporting the governance of the firm
As a member of the leadership team, you'll help the founders in building the structure needed to as Plum grows to a larger organisation. This includes supporting conduct risk assessments, an annual MLRO report, frequent policy updates.
- Willing and able to be an approved person with the FCA as CF10 / CF11 for Plum once we become directly regulated; previous experience as approved person preferred
- ~5 years experience in compliance at a financial services firm, at least 2 of these in a role responsible for leading people
- comfortable supervising AML / KYC processes, as well as Financial Promotions
- excited by the prospect of helping a young company mature
- both hands-on and high-level; you are as comfortable dealing with an individual customer problem, as you are presenting the regulatory strategy to the board.
- Receive stock options in a fast-growing fintech company
- Join us for our annual retreat!
- Team lunches, and regular team events